Yes, it’s that time of the year again when majority of the world is ‘listing’ their ‘New Year Resolutions’ by starting the headline as “WELCOME 2014 – New Year Resolutions“.
Well, I am for sure one of them. I had planned Eleven resolutions for 2013 and was lucky enough to have achieved Seven of them in 2013.
So here I am, yet again with new ones this year. But I kept pondering over why I could not achieve the four from the eleven resolutions which got me into thinking and researching for articles online.
I found some power steps and process that I feel could help each me may be achieve at least eight this year of the nice. Well, may be!
No, these are not my steps or strategies, but resourceful links and articles from Harvard Business Review that can be easily applied into each of our lives on a daily practice basis. So here they are –
“The content given below are not in my words, but links and snippets of articles that I found really useful”
1. Nine Things Successful People Do Differently
- Get specific & think about the specific actions that need to be taken to reach your goal eg. Lose 5 Pounds and get to bed by 10 pm during weekdays.
- Seize the moment to act on your goals – eg. Make that call right now that you have been wanting to make. Finish reading that book or at least get started. Be precise – Start reading from 4 pm today, make the call in the next two hours etc.
- Know exactly how far you have left to go
- Be a realistic optimist
- Focus on getting better, rather than being good
- Have grit
- Build your willpower muscle
- Don’t tempt fate
- Focus on what you will do, not what you won’t do
You can check out many more such useful pointers and real value-adds here too –HBR Achieve your goals in 2014 – http://blogs.hbr.org/2014/01/achieve-your-goals-in-2014-heres-research-that-can-help/
Do you have strategies or ideas for the same? Feel free to share them here with me.
What are your views and comments about having or keeping “New Year Resolutions”? Do share your views with me here.
Have a wonderful year ahead.
- Google Business Group – Speaker Ananth V on “ROI on Social media” Mumbai event
- Happy New Year and Welcome 2014
- Nelson Mandela, truly an icon and inspiration
- Life and its journey towards happiness